No one likes bad hair days, especially not during this festive time. Gorgeous silky hair, full of vitality and easy to comb is within reach thanks to maple syrup. This nectar offers a palette of cosmetic uses including giving volume and shine to your hair.
Hair has a complex structure that is subject to external aggressions. A whole range of hair products are used for different hair types. But how well suited are those? Maple syrup on the other hand, is beneficent to all types of hair. So why spend money in cosmetics when you have maple syrup at hand?
Extracted from the sap of maple trees, maple syrup is one of the natural goodies of Canada, especially when 100% pure. Thanks to its antioxidants such as polyphenols, maple syrup regenerates the skin and hydrates it durably. The nutrients it contains prompts a mild enzymatic exfoliation that sublimates the hair, protecting it from dehydration and making them shine.
Here are some ideas for each of your hair types:
- Apply half a cup or 3 to 6 tablespoons of maple syrup on wet hair.
- Thoroughly massage the scalp.
- Put on a shower cap and leave in for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and then shampoo as usual.
- Mix in equal parts of virgin unrefined coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Be sure that the mixture is enough for all your hair.
- Leave it in for an hour and you’ll have soft and shiny hair.
- In a bowl, carefully mix 2 tablespoons of white cheese, 2 tablespoons of organic maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of aloe vera.
- Apply over the entire hair and leave for 20 minutes.
- Shampoo as usual.
Dry or Damaged Hair
Maple syrup is a super-moisturizer for dry or super dehydrated hair. Use this recipe once a week for tangible results.
- Mix 3 tablespoonfuls pure maple syrup, 2 tablespoons of lard (if you do not have this, just use the maple syrup instead), and 1 teaspoon of honey in a bowl.
- Put in the microwave for 15 seconds or until mixture is sufficiently melted.
- Leave it to cool down.
- Apply the mixture on the hair, combing down to the tips using a wide tooth comb.
- Cover your hair with a plastic shower cap (or cling film) for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and shampoo.
Related articles published in Maple Syrup’s Health Benefits :
- Maple Syrup: The Naturally Nutritional Sweetener
- Maple Syrup: Reduce the Risk of Alzheimer’s and Sclerosis
- Maple syrup triggers hope for patients with Alzheimer’s disease
- Homemade maple syrup made easy
Image : Shutterstock